Thursday, January 20, 2011

Early Home-Made Thanksgiving Cards

What’s with these petty dictators of authoritarian regimes around the world banning Western holidays?  I just recently read in a news article that Iran has forbidden Valentine’s Day gifts.  Evidently, they want to discourage the spread of “Western” culture and “Western” democracy.  
This phenomenon is of great concern in the Hale household. My young daughter is afraid that the leader of the authoritarian Thai government, may do something else evil like banning one of her favorite holidays; Thanksgiving. So she made some home-made Thanksgiving cards for everyone including Abhisit Vejjajiva. They are so cute and from the heart, I thought I'd share a couple of them with everybody. She hasn't gotten her colors quite right. I admit she needs more red and orange (her Mom and I will work on that) but I'm still very proud of her.   

Is it me or does the drawing for Abhisit look more like a chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment